Springtime in Paris







Springtime in Paris can be gorgeous... Or, it can be a cold and rainy mess. You never really know what you are going to get. Unfortunately, I realized (as I obsessively checked the weather before my trip) that I was going to have the later this spring in Paris.

You can't control or predict the weather when you travel. As unfortunate as a rainy trip may seem, you really cannot let it ruin your trip! Because rain is so common in Paris in the spring you need to come with the mindset that no matter what you are going to enjoy and see Paris (you can read my suggestions for things to do on a rainy day in Paris here). Case in point, Sophia and I had to endure downpours during both of our fabulous Fat Tire Paris bike tours. Instead of concentrating on how wet and cold we were, we focused on the incredible experience of biking through Paris at sunset.

Our only semi-sunny day was our first day. Of course, the day that I was exhausted and fighting jet lag. But, because we knew it might be our only chance to enjoy a bit of sunshine, I rallied and we set off for lunch at my favorite little bistro, Au Petit Suisse, and the Luxembourg Gardens.

Because Paris was so chilly, I basically wore this gorgeous floral Club Monaco trench every day. My motto, if it doesn't feel like spring, I can at least look like spring! Honestly, there were moments where I wished I had packed a heavier coat, but I did not want to drag a heavy coat around Italy for the summer. I picked up this flouncy, wrap skirt just before I left. I had been eyeing it for some time and I am happy I decided to get it for this trip. It is comfy, flirty, and fun, and can easily be dressed up or down, making it a great travel piece.

If you are headed to Paris this spring or summer I highly, highly recommend a Fat Tire bike tour. They are a fabulous company who offer really great tours of Paris at even better prices!

trench coat // top // skirt // shoes // bag // sunnies // hat


SHOP THE POST:

Labels: , , , , , , , ,