Colorful Accordion Skirts









This post features two trends I am currently loving for spring -- colorful accordion skirts and hair bows. It is easy to see why accordion skirts are going to be on trend for a while. They are easy to wear, have great movement, and can be styled in a ton of different ways from quirky to romantic.

I couldn't help but wear this colorful striped accordion skirt for a tour of Rainbow Row in Charleston. I just love it when art imitates life. The pastel color-blocking of the skirt coordinated perfectly with Charleston's famous row of colorful historic homes. I completed the look with my favorite wicker bag, high wedges to balance the length of the midi-skirt, and this perfect pink velvet hair bow.

I love the romantic feeling adding a simple hair bow can bring to any look. I recently discovered a new line of accessories at Nordstrom called Cara, and they make the cutest bows and headbands. In addition to the pink, I am also loving this black version.

What are your thoughts on accordion skirts, yay or nay?


SHOP THE POST:

Labels: , , , , , ,