Pink and the City










dress // sweater // hat // sunnies // c/o Dagne Dover bag // booties (old, similar)

This post combines two things I love, pink and NYC. New York is not really known as a pink, girly city, but you might be surprised at just how much bubble gum pink you can find on the gritty streets of NYC. Case in point - Pietro Nolita and Cafe Henrie. Both are as delicious as they are adorably pink.

This look is a little different from my normal aesthetic, and I love it! It is very retro Rainbow Bright in all the right ways (IMHO). This suede swing jumper is really fun to wear and, despite its swing style, surprisingly flattering. It even has pockets, which always seals the deal for me. I layered it with this fun and bright striped merino wool sweater from J.Crew. I love this sweater because unlike so many of J.Crew's sweaters it is not super long. I added my favorite wool boater hat and booties to keep the look from going too juvenile.

As much as I love this look, I love my new Dagne Dover bucket bag even more! I have long been a fan of Dagne's bags. They focus on functional bags and totes for busy, professional women. This bucket bag has a unique center consul for all my essentials and is designed in such a way that I can easily see and access everything, even when it is full. Who doesn't love style that is also functional?

What do you think of this fun retro look?


SHOP THE POST:

Labels: , , , , ,