Apple Picking in Connecticut









puffer // shirt (similar) // skirt (similar) // wellies // sunnies // socks (similar)

Is there any activity that epitomizes fall more than apple picking? Nope. Which is why I knew that I had to find an orchard while I was in Connecticut. Fortunately, Emily was able to join us and took the train from NYC to New Haven.

We picked Emily up and headed north of the city on our very own fall adventure. I found Lyman Orchards online. They had a huge estate, lots of apple varieties, and pumpkin picking. Plus, they were only a 25-minute drive from the Yale campus.

My cousin and I are Floridians so we were clueless when it came to apples and apple picking lol (now citrus and strawberries are another story). I did not realize that it was late in the season and there would not be a lot of apples let, but we soldiered on and found plenty further into the property.

I have to admit there is nothing quite like an apple fresh off the tree. The Spenser apples were my favorite. We sampled all the varieties and came home with just as many (I had hope of baking, but that did not happen). After picking and frolicking through the orchards, we headed to the property's main store for some apple cider cinnamon doughnuts.

Are final fall-goal for the day was to find some gorgeous and colorful fall trees. Connecticut came through for us. We quickly found a gorgeous state park and partook in some quintessential fall leaf throwing and rolling. I must admit, I finally get why everyone is so crazy for fall. It is beautiful!


SHOP THE POST:

Labels: , , , , ,