Beverly Hills (That's Where I Want to Be)








top (old, latest version here) // skirt // wedges // hat // sunnies // c/o Digerolamo bag


Beverly Hills was definitely on my must-see in L.A. list. I mean it is iconic. It is the most famous zip code after all. And it did not disappoint. It had perfectly-lined palm tree streets, gorgeous mid-century architecture, chic restaurants, and all the shopping. As I have come to realize, what I pictured in my mind as LA, was actually Beverly Hills. But don't worry, I have learned to appreciate lots of the other LA neighborhoods.

I started my day at the gorgeous and equally-iconic Beverly Hills Hotel. I had breakfast at the historic Fountain Coffee Room before enjoying the retro pink and green poolside. I did not know a pool and poolside area could be so adorable. Everything was covered in retro green palm leaf pattern, green stripes, or bubble-gum pink. And yet some how it looked incredibly chic and not like your grandma's house.

After lunch I walked down to the nearby Rodeo Drive for a little window shopping. I was surprised that not all of the stores were high end. In addition to Gucci, Prada, and Ferragamo, you will also find Club Monaco, Sandro, and COS just one street over on Beverly. The weather was gorgeous so I strolled for a couple hours. The trashy TV-lover in me made sure to stroll by Villa Blanca and Kyle's store, which are right next to each other. If you don't know what show I am referencing, it is probably for the best.

The only difficult thing about Beverly Hills is that it is not connected to the rest of LA by the metro. I have been told this is a calculated move, which is a shame. Overall, I found the area quite enjoyable for a day of strolling, shopping, and people watching... absolutely great people watching. As great as it was to finally see Beverly Hills, I find myself (surprisingly) returning more often to downtown and West Hollywood.

Next on my list is Silverlake.

Happy weekend!


SHOP THE POST:

Labels: , , , , ,