Ravishing Ravello










Capulet gingham tunic (similar) // hat (sold out, similar) // espadrilles (old) // sunnies // c/o Dagne Dover Tiny Tote


During my day trip through the Amalfi Coast with Travel Italian Style, I was lucky enough to explore not one, but two new (to me) towns. Most people (myself included) only know of and experience a fraction of Italy's most gorgeous coastline. Positano, Sorrento, and Amalfi are the coastline's most famous cities, but there are a lot of other charming little towns to explore. My favorites are Vietri (famous for pottery), Atrani, and Ravello.

Unlike Positano and Amalfi, Ravello sits high in the hillside above the sea. What it lacks in beaches, it makes up for in stunning views. Ravello has long been a premier destination for writers, artists, and musicians. During the age of the Grand Tour, artists and aristocrats built gorgeous summer villas, which you can still tour today. The Villa Rufolo and Villa Cimbrone are must sees. Both have impressive architecture, stunning gardens, and spectacular views of the sea. Especially breathtaking is the Terrace of Infinity at the Villa Cimbrone.

In addition to visiting the historical villas and gorgeous hotels (like the Palazzo Avino), the rest of the town is quaint and fun to explore. If you don't want to stay in Ravello, it is definitely worth a day trip or at least morning exploring followed by a fabulous meal with a view at the Villa Maria or the Ristorante Sigilgaida.

For our day trip, I wore this comfortable but cute gingham tunic. Recently I have been all about the bell or voluminous sleeve, a trend I intend to continue to embrace this fall. Since I new I would be doing a lot of walking on a hot summer day, I kept my look simple. I paired my tunic with floral embroidered espadrilles and my favorite hat (which I am sure you are tired of seeing this summer, best $69 I have ever spent!).

The Amalfi Coast is one of my favorite places in Italy and in the world! I am lucky enough to return every summer. This summer, however, I was happy to explore a bit more off the beaten path. I highly recommend a trip to this stunning region of Italy.

You can read my tips for traveling to the Amalfi Coast here. And more about my favorite city, Positano here.

SHOP THE POST:

Labels: , , , , , , , ,