Roman Holiday










Look 1: dress // sneakers 
Look 2: dress // hat (similar) // sunnies // purse // sandals // lipstick

I cannot believe that the summer abroad program I was working with is over and that it is already almost July! Where does the time go? I guess what they say is true, time flies when you are having fun. These pictures are from the final weekend of our program, which we spent in Rome. I am actually back in Rome now to do some research sans students, but more on that later.

We only had two and a half days to see the highlights of Rome, which is not an easy task! As I have said before, Rome is a difficult city to really appreciate in a couple days (you can read some of my tips for seeing the softer side of Rome here). Of course, we hit all of the big sights in rapid succession -- The Colosseum, Roman Forum, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Pantheon, St Peter's Basilica, and the Vatican Museums.

Despite our limited time, I did try to add something other than just one big site after another. I took the group to the Capuchin bone church (which is always a crowd pleaser) and we did a really fun Baroque art gelato crawl. Although Rome has more than 2,000 years of history to experience, the city you see today is a Baroque city. We crawled our way from baroque church, to baroque sculpture/fountain, to baroque painting with strategic gelato tastings along the way (three to be exact) to reenergize our spirits and bodies. It was a lot of art and a lot of gelato but I think it gave the students a deeper appreciation of the city. At least I hope it did anyway. I plan on sharing this crawl on the blog soon!

If you find yourself visiting Rome with limited time, here are my tips for conquering Rome in two days.


SHOP THE POST:

Labels: , , , , , , , ,