Florentine Leather







jacket (from David Leather, similar option here) // top // skirt // sunnies // c/o Dagne Dover tote // mules

There is nothing quite like a soft and supple leather jacket. It makes you look instantly cooler and it looks great when paired with soft, famine silhouettes. Leather is definitely something worth splurging on here in Italy, but you need to make sure you understand the leather business in Florence and how to spot value and quality over a heavy and flattering sales pitch (which you can read more about here).

When I arrived in Florence there was still a bit a chill in the air, nothing like freezing Paris, but definitely perfect leather jacket weather. I purchased this skirt in Paris at one of my favorite Parisian stores, Sandro (which is substantially cheaper over here btw). I loved the contrasting colors and the shape. The Parisian sales lady was hilarious, she went on and on about how French women didn't have the backside to pull off this skirt. I was already sold on the skirt, but her flattery definitely removed any doubt I had about purchasing (I'm sure she uses this technique on everyone lol).

I played off the contrasting white and black pattern of the skirt with the black leather jacket and white accessories. You will be seeing these white Celine sunnies a lot this summer. I am sorry, but not that sorry because they are amazing! These Via Spiga mules are another recent purchase and surprisingly comfy, so  I decided to pack them as my one fancy pair of shoes for the summer. The thicker heel means I can actually navigate cobblestone in them.

While it is not a holiday here in Italy today, I am in the Amalfi Coast with students this week! Follow along on Snapchat (HinHH) if you want to see more.

Happy Memorial Day!


SHOP THE POST:

Labels: , , , ,