Weekend in Milano








sweater (old, similar) // brocade skirt (similar) // sunnies // hat (similar) // gloves (purchased in Florence, love these) // bag // boots


Can you believe that I only have one week left in Italy? Me neither! Time has seriously flown by since August. The weekend before last, Anna and I decided to have one last girls weekend together. We wanted to road trip to Slovenia, but with very few days left to spare, we opted instead for a quick girls weekend in Milan. I love Milan, but I rarely go! It is definitely Italy's biggest and most modern city. I mean they even have 24-hour grocery stores and pharmacies (unheard of in the rest of Italy).

Of course, the biggest reason to go to Milan is the shopping. Even if you can't afford the Italian designers, strolling the main shopping streets of Via Montenapoleone and Via Della Spiga to see the incredible window displays and amazing fashion is still worth it. When we walked past Celine and I saw these incredible fuchsia sunnies, I could not resist! But here is the thing about Milan, things are often available there that you can't really get anywhere else. I tried to find them online, but they were hard to come by. I found the style, they just aren't available in fuchsia outside of Italy/EU (from what I can find).

Armed with fashionable statement sunnies, Anna and I spent the rest of the weekend sightseeing and exploring our favorite sights. My favorite is Milan's gothic Cathedral. It is absolutely stunning and unique. From afar it looks like intricate lace. Up close, however, you realize just how massive it is. I love how they let you climb the duomo and explore the architecture up close.

Other sights in Milan that should not be missed are the Galleria Vittorio Emmanuele, Ambrosian Library, the Medieval Piazza dei Mercanti, and Castello (castle). I also love the little Medieval Via Fiori Chiari where fortune tellers still offer tarot card readings. In addition to sightseeing, Anna and I splurged on a nice dinner at CurĂ² and then grabbed a drink on the nearby street of Corso Como, which is full of nightlife.

Sadly, I will spend my last weekend in Italy packing, which I am sure will be a nightmare. How did I acquire so much in one year (don't answer that!)?


SHOP THE POST


Labels: , , , , ,