Outfit: Fall in Paris







jacket (old, this year’s version) // dress (Max & Co.) // bag // tights // shoes // sunnies

Rain can certainly dampen your travel plans, but at the end of the day, a rainy day in Paris is still better than a sunny day anywhere else! Our first two days in Paris the city had an air of sadness and the gloomy sky and constant drizzle seemed to reflect the somber mood of the city. Despite the horrible terrorist attacks the week before, however, Parisians seemed to be carrying on. I was surprised at how many people I saw out and about Thursday evening strolling the streets and drinking and eating at outdoor cafes.

Brittany and I spent our first morning in the city in my favorite square and garden - the Palais Royal. We grabbed a coffee from Kitsune (so good!) and braved the drizzle to snap some pics in the garden and under the beautiful architecture. We then headed across the river for lunch at one of my favorite little Brasseries, Au Petit Suisse (near the Luxembourg gardens). After lunch we refueled with some Starbucks and met up for our French Revolution walking tour with Paris-Walks. Yes, we are huge history nerds and the tour was so interesting. Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité!

Despite the rain, it was the fantastic fall day in Paris, and I thought this dress was perfect for the occasion. The warm colors remind me of fall and the material is a scuba-type fabric, which is perfect for travel. And of course I wore my favorite travel shoes, my plastic Melissa flats.

SHOP THE POST

Labels: , , , ,