My Favorite Places in Tampa (Part 2)


As promised, I am sharing more of my favorite places in Tampa (you can read Part 1 here). It has been another relaxing week in Florida, soaking in the sun, eating way more than I should, and catching up on life in general (and roof repairs, which is less fun)!

I have definitely missed Florida, especially living so close to the ocean/bay. I live just one block north of Bayshore Boulevard, which has a long stretch of sidewalk that runs along the bay. I didn't realize how much I missed my evening sunset walks and dolphin watching. Not that my walk in Florence isn't gorgeous, it is just different.


You will probably notice that I have been rocking a lot of Lilly Pulitzer in my Instagram photos. I didn't bring a lot of pieces with me to Europe and it has been nice to come home and not worry about dressing too colorfully or loudly. I stopped by my favorite donut shop/bakery, Dough, to fuel up for Monday's Lilly sale (thank goodness I was home for this!). Dough makes the most delicious donuts. I am partial to the bacon maple donut. It is so sinful, but so amazing. They also have flavors like Reese's, Fruity Pebbles, and Smores.


For the actual sale I decided to skip the online craziness and shop at my local Lilly store, the Pink Palm. I love the ladies at the Pink Palm, they always take great care of me and carry a very large selection. Shopping in store is so much nicer, they match all sale prices, but you can actually try on! I highly recommend shopping in store, I really scored this year.


A couple new places opened while I was abroad, and the one everyone was talking about was Bar Taco. So Britt and I had to try it. It did not disappoint. They serve an eclectic, yet delicious assortment of tapas-sized tacos. Surprisingly, our favorite was the cauliflower taco. They also make an incredible margarita. Run, don't walk to Bar Taco! It seems to be taking off, so I am pretty confident it will still be here for me to enjoy when I return in December. Speaking of cauliflower, I also highly recommend the buffalo cauliflower appetizer from Datz.


Another new discovery was a wine bar called Cru Sellers. Not only does Cru have an amazing selection of wines, they serve lots of unique and delicious small plates. My favorite are the themed wine flights, which let you try three different wines. I went with the Italian flight (of course) but I also want to try the Rosé flight called April in Paris.

I can't believe that in just one week I will be heading back to Atlanta and preparing to return to Florence. Where does the time go? For my final week I definitely want to spend some time at the beach and enjoying Tampa's newly-opened river walk.

Have you visited Tampa?

Labels: , , ,