Weekend Reading


I can't believe that this is my last weekend in the U.S.! I am spending the weekend with friends and enjoying everything I am going to miss - shopping, American breakfasts, Dunkin Donuts coffee, and dinners at my favorite restaurants. It's going to be a great last weekend, before the craziness next week. Anyways, here is some weekend reading for your enjoyment:

Loving this cropped top from Banana Republic.

This had me laughing hysterically - wine for cats (never drink alone again)! Also the video at the end really makes me want to visit Japan. Update! Apparently grapes (and grape juice) are toxic for cats (causes kidney failure) so just laugh at this notion, don't actually give any to your kitty! Thanks for the heads up anon!

It's refreshing to find media coverage of a news story that doesn't simplistically valorize and/or villainize the story's subjects. This interesting piece on the terrible shooting in Paris this week offers some interesting points to think about without ignoring the complexity of peoples and societies.

The best winter prints under $100.

Vogue online republished (in it's original form) Joan Didion’s seminal essay “Self-respect: Its Source, Its Power,” which was first published in 1961. Definitely worth a read! 

My new favorite scarf.

The biggest photoshop disasters of 2014. Why do they think we won't notice?

In case you missed it, here is my winter capsule wardrobe (and my shoes and purses capsule here). Next week I am sharing lots of amazing outfit combinations I've planed from this capsule.

New arrivals at Kate Spade. I am obsessed with this tote and it has definitely inspired a future print.

Speaking prints, there is a new Paris print in the Preppy Printshop.

Just discovered this website, which gives away the cutest prints... for free!


Have a great weekend!

Labels: