Outfit: For the Love of Plaid






sweater (similar) // shirt (similar) // skirt // tights // bag (old, similar) // booties // hat (last seen here)

What can I say, I've been really into plaid this fall. Is it just me, or does plaid just feel super festive?

I've had this J.Crew silk printed heart shirt for a couple years, and it is surprisingly versatile. I basically treat it as a black button up, and voilĂ  it goes with everything (you can read more of my tips for mixing prints here). I am also loving all of the cropped sweaters this season. Short girls rejoice!

I typically steer clear of sweaters for a couple reasons. First, I live in Florida. And second, bulky and/or long sweaters are just not flattering on me. But given the fact that I am about to spend the winter in Florence and travel to some pretty cold places (Paris, London, Dublin, etc.), I need to get over this and stock up on some sweaters. Enter the cropped sweater. The proportions (especially when layered over a longer button up) are infinitely more flattering.

Finally, I have a new-found appreciation for tights! I scored these tights at ASOS (but my all-time favorite tights are still J.Crew's super opaque tights). What I like about these is they have the look of thigh-highs with some playful polka dots on the sheer part just above the knee. I think they are so fun and flirty.


Happy Monday and cheers to a short work week!

Labels: , , ,