Outfit: A Well Placed Bow

I know I have said it before, but I am still in awe and ever so grateful at how well received my prints have been! Never in my wildest dreams did I think so many people would love my creations as much as I do, and I really didn't think it would provide a little extra cash flow. I mean, when I started I was worried I wouldn't sell anything. Flash forward eight months and I'm trying to decide what to do with my profits! It's not like it's enough to quit my day job or anything, but it's definitely enough to splurge on something special - something I would have never been able to purchase before.

I thought about bags and boots, but I really wanted to find something really unique. A couple weeks ago when I walked into Kate Spade I saw her and knew she had to be mine - the Deco Dot Dorothy Coat! At that point I didn't have quite enough, but with just a couple more weeks of saving, I knew she would be mine.








I had lusted over the coral version of the Dorothy coat last year, but I love this latest version even more, because instead of a thick coat fabric it is more of a rain slick. The color is also unique. It is not quite black and not quite navy, but more of a cool-toned charcoal, which makes it super easy to style and wear. Of course the best feature is the well-placed bow!

It is definitely the nicest thing I have ever owned and I feel like a million bucks wearing it. Can't you just see it strolling the streets of Paris in the spring? I thought I would feel major remorse buying this coat, but I really didn't (I did use my 20 percent off coupon and my student discount, so that's something right?). Now that I have gotten this indulgence out of my system, I will return to my normal shopping addiction and reinvest my profits, but for now I just want to bask in my glorious purchase!

What is your favorite item that you've splurged on?

Labels: , , ,