How I do it: My Person


I was incredibly fortunate to have met "my person" at the beginning of graduate school. Not only was she someone who could relate to the craziness of the first year of graduate school, but over the course of four years she became my best friend, confidant, workout buddy, motivator, paper editor, conscious, cheerleader, and crazy bad dancer partner. In short, she became my person! I honestly don't think I would have made it through the last four years without her!

But now she is leaving me! Because she is such an amazing scholar, she has received a Fulbright award to research in Barbados for ten months... ten months! Last night was her going away party and it was bittersweet. I am so proud of her and excited for her, but selfishly, I am so sad.

On the bright side, I am going to Barbados for two weeks this December to visit her! I am just going to throw myself into planning this trip in the hope the weeks fly by.

Have you found your person?

PS - let the Pinterest outfit and travel planning begin!

Labels: ,